Saturday, October 4, 2008

Eastern Inspired Furniture

Furniture is something that is easy for me to admire.
I especially love Eastern inspired decor; I feel most at ease in a serene living space with clean lines and and simple, functional furniture.

I have wandered many a market and boutique store in Thailand, Laos, and China, looking at distinctive and antique pieces and wishing that overseas freight wasn't so astronomically expensive!

After Lombock co-founder Alex spent time in Indonesia, he too wanted to bring the beauty of Asian furniture back with him. Through research with his friend Sarah, the pair concocted a way to offer a collection of hand-made, affordable, solid-wood furniture.

Lucky for UK residents, Lombok offers an astonishing selection of fabulous furnishings and home accessories for "Eastern Inspired Living."!

LOMBOK’s passion is to use recycled and natural materials wherever possible, for pieces that are naturally stylish and comfortable with that reassuring lived-in feel. The Eastern inspired designs of furniture; lighting and home accessories are incredibly versatile, suiting both contemporary and traditional homes.

The simple, striking beauty of these Tila hanging lanterns caught my attention immediately! Wouldn't they look great in just about any room of the house (or even the in the garden)?

I am really drooling over the chests of drawers at Lombok, especially this Nirvana Nine Drawer Chunky Chest. Maybe the ample drawer space would keep the peace in our home, with no more arguments about whose clothes are hogging all of the room!

The chest would look perfect next to any of the wooden beds from Lombok. My personal favorite is this great Canton four poster bed! Lombok uses only natural, solid wood sourced with the environment in mind.

And, since I'm ever on the lookout for dining tables to inhabit my dream house, I couldn't help but appreciate this beautiful Malang Extending Dining Table. I can imagine lots of happy family memories being created around these gorgeous dining tables!

A girl can dream!

No comments: