Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wordless Wednesday: Part of the Problem

I hated to do it, but we just had to cut down the thick growth around our back gate. I have to get out of the car and manually open the gate every time we come or go, and I was worried that a snake would attack me as I stepped out of the car one day.

Nick saw a snake dragging a huge frog (still alive) by the leg in this spot:


The day after the snake sighting, we sprung into action. This is the view from our driveway:

The alley isn't paved. You can see the tall grass where we stopped clearing (that isn't near our property so we stopped there):

8 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

I'm feeling for the frog!

Anonymous said...

Poor frog. I don't blame you for wanting a clear view and keeping the snakes at bay. Happy WW

Busymama Kellie said...

Yup, I'd be clearing the grass too!

stan said...

u did the right thing!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I love animals but I wouldn't want to meet a snake on a dark night. Don't blame you a bit.

Superdumb Supervillain said...

eeek! what's worse, snakes or yardwork???

Anonymous said...

love your site. like the view with the grass all cleared. where do you live? thanks for visiting today. happy WW. colleen :)

Staci A said...

Ya'll are so much braver than me. I wouldn't have gone near there after someone spotted a snake!