Last night my family went out to eat at a pizza restaurant. I hadn't been to this particular restaurant in about 3 years. The food was good, but I was really disappointed to find that:
- all of the plates were paper (no non-disposable plate option)
- our plastic (disposable) cups were made from #6 plastic (not food safe)
- all of the cutlery was plastic
- sauces were served in #6 plastic (disposable) containers
If you are an entrepreneur, I would suggest you begin putting together some kind of kit like this in an organic cotton drawstring bag.
Here are the types of things you might include:
- bamboo or stainless steel drinking straws
- cloth napkins (serviettes). You could do a kids set or a classic set.
- Reusable unbreakable plates and/or bowls, in wood, stainless, or safe plastic. These are child-sized, and so is this one. Here are some cute child-sized snack bowls.
- bamboo or stainless utensils (for the children, too!)
- reusable cups. You could go cheap with some mason jars, or go exotic with some coconut cups, or go homestead and make some out of gourds...there are plenty of possibilities.
- maybe throw in a couple of bamboo condiment cups, to avoid using disposable containers for various sauces.